S207 Style Bumper Lower Overlay
This overlay gives you the look of the Japanese S207 bumper. The darker area in the center of the bumper really changes the look of your front fascia. A little vinyl in the right places can really make your vehicle stick out compared to any stock vehicle! This material is durable and will last for years. I source the vinyl for these products from US suppliers. They are often made in the US or Europe. Material standards are high.
For the 3D Carbon material, do not apply wax. Just clean with normal soap and water.
NOT ALL MATERIALS ARE CREATED EQUALLY CUSTOMER MESSAGE
"Got them just now, thanks for including a(n) extra set! I've had 2 sets of CF look ones from another seller and silver stars kept peeling and the carbon look faded really bad."
When purchasing vinyl overlays, keep in mind that not all materials are created equally. We use premium vinyl which has high initial costs, but are the industry standards for high quality materials. Also made in the USA.
- Dragon Wrap™ Carbon Fiber Films (3D Carbon) is a 5.6 mil calendered vinyl film featuring a clear repositionable permanent acrylic adhesive on an air-egress liner. This film has excellent dimensional stability, outstanding durability and outdoor performance.
- This repositionable permanent adhesive offers minimal initial bond growing to permanent bonds that facilitates application of large graphics. The air egress liner also aids in large graphic application.
- Minimum application temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Up to 5 year durability outdoors. Rated EXCELLENT for WATER RESISTANCE, HUMIDITY RESISTANCE, and SOLVENT RESISTANCE.
Gloss Black is from a US sourced brand and Matte Black is from Orafol which is a German company.
This installation requires a littler more than my other vinyls. If you have a lip, it is easier to remove it before installing this. You can pull and stretch excess material underneath the bumper.
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
- Water / Soap Mix or Quick Detailer Spray
- Friend (recommended)
Clean the area you're working on and leave it wet / soapy. Also wet the bottom of the vinyl. This will help you move it in place and center it up. Once you've gotten it aligned, use your friend to apply heat to the material. This dries out the material to make it adhere again and also allows it to be stretched.
Do not heat up the material too much. In general, if the heat burns you, it is too hot. The corners need to be heated up the most and require the most stretching.
You don't have to use a squeegee to install this product. You can stretch and massage out creases with your fingers. Once you have done one side, complete the other side.
NOTE: 3D Carbon has air egress channels for easier application. Matte black just happens to be one of the easiest colors to install. Responds well to heat.
Great product makes the car look so much better. But I will need to buy another one i damaged the sticker putting it on my fault