Dongar USB Power Mirror Tap
NOTE: Autodimming mirror should be present on mid package and up vehicles!
- Plug and Play Solution for USB (5V) power by your rearview mirror
- Aides in clean dash cam installations
- Requires 12 pin factory harness (vehicles with autodimming mirror)
- Recommended for cameras requiring less than 2A
- Powers your camera upon vehicle ignition ON
Here's a solution that prevents messy wires that we use ourselves!
NOTE: Verify your mirror plug matches the ones in our photos.
Install your dash cam the smarter way
Dashcams are great. Maybe you work in the rideshare industry, or commute alongside groggy drivers. Never has it been easier to record the road ahead of you. And you should. But nobody likes seeing that USB cable dangling across the dashboard of your brand-new car.
We didn’t, so we’ve created an easy way of powering your dashcam through your vehicles existing electrical connections overhead. There’s already power up there so why not use it to power your camera?
Need more ports? - 3 port USB splitter / hub
Powering a radar detector with RJ11 jack (12v)? - 5V USB to 12V RJ11 Escort / Valentine / Uniden Radar Detector Power Cord
1 year warranty
Fast forward through our video to see how we removed the trim panels on this vehicle.